Sunday 10 July 2011

Week 6 Recap

A so-so running week. Didn't hit all my pace targets but got the miles in, and it was my first week running for five days instead of four.

Total miles run: 25.78

Mon - Rest
Tue - 4.45 mi, average pace 9:42/mi
Wed - 4.09 mi, average pace 10:39/mi
Thu - Rest
Fri - Intervals (6 x .25mi), 4.34 mi, average interval pace 8:12/mi
Sat - 2.90 mi, average pace 10:57/mi
Sun - 10 mi, average pace 10:29/mi

Despite the so-so week I'm not going to complain because it's been a year since my injury and the first time I've run 10 miles since then! I am grateful to be injury free so far and I'll do whatever I can to stay that way. Next week should be more structured after I made a few changes based on the "Ultimate Half-Marathon Training Plan" on the RunnersWorldUK website.

Also have to mention that I started twittering this week, and the best part was how quickly I was welcomed by other runners and triathletes. So nice to know others are sharing your passion and pain!

10 weeks to go until Dublin!

0 comments:

Post a Comment