Thursday 21 July 2011

An un-tempo 5 miles

Yesterday I had a GREAT run! One of those where you feel fast and get stronger with each mile. One of the days when I want to scream, "I love being a runner!"

What a difference a day makes. I left the flat happy that the rain had passed, looking forward to my tempo run. It was the same as last week, 1 mile warm up, 3 miles at half-marathon pace (9:09/mi), 1 mile cool down. Right away as I took a few steps, I had a stitch! I was like, no big deal, have had hundreds before....I'll just warm up and be fine. And besides, I've definitely had runs where I started off feeling awful, but they turned out to be a great run by the end.

But today that was not to be....stitch eventually went away but I never really felt comfortable. I did my first two tempo miles at roughly the right pace, but then completely lost it in the third. There were even two guys casually running at about the right pace but I couldn't keep up. I get frustrated when I feel like I'm pushing myself but I'm not getting anywhere.


I was relieved when my cool down mile finally arrived, and was so tired by the end that I stopped running as soon as I hit 5 miles and walked the rest of the way home!

This week has been a bad day, good day, bad day so far! I wish I could feel more consistent!

0 comments:

Post a Comment